- REDUCE PAIN The balancing chair offers posture correction by positioning you with an open hip angle that encourages an upright posture. Aligns your back, shoulders, and neck and relieve pain. Improves blood circulation
- DURABILITY The ergo seat features 4-inch thick memory foam padded seat and knee cushions for added comfort and support in the buttocks and knees, 3 frame crossbars for added durability and support.
- CAPACITY It has a weight capacity of 120 kgs (almost 265lbs) and works for people with height 5’2” to 6’3” tall.
- VERSATILE The Amsterdam is perfect for meditation, computer work, gaming, writing desk, sewing, typing or crafting chair or a posture correcting chair.
- ROCKING The rocking motion provided by Amsterdam helps increase blood flow and energy and helps you improve and maintain body comfort and focus for long periods of time while you work.
What Happens When You Sit In The Amsterdam?
When you place your weight onto your sit bones the kneeling chair gently tilts your pelvis forward encouraging a natural upright posture. This posture engages your core muscles eliminating pressure on your spinal discs, back, and shoulders.
The best part about The Amsterdam Chair is if you find yourself craving a new position, just move your weight onto your shins to change it up, take one or both knees out, rock with one foot, or even sit on it backward- there are no rules! Whichever way you feel the most comfortable is best…. pretty radical, we know...
Imagine this: Taking all your body’s desires to romp and scoot around all day and channeling it into productive soothing movement. Treating ourselves to a little bit of rhythmic movement throughout the day has been proven to help keep us focused and calm.
The curved metal frame of The Amsterdam ensures that the chair is always following your body’s natural movement keeping your muscles stimulated and reducing the negative effects of static sitting.
Combine all of this with the tilted seat to achieve that natural S shape your back so desperately wants, your body will flow throughout the day finding concentration while you move and work.
If comfort is King, then the crown jewels are thick, firm, supportive cushions.
After chatting with hundreds of people to try and understand what makes the most comfortable kneeling chair we were overwhelmed (but frankly, not surprised) by the amount of feedback about how much the feel and thickness of the cushions matter.
We made it our mission to create cushions that are 4x thicker than our competitors to help with tender shins and knees.
We made sure to keep in mind the material you put your shins on is just as important. Our cloth is durable, soft, and long-lasting, and the dark fabric helps guard against those coffee stains when Monday hits too hard!
Be The Talk Of The Office!
Not only is The Amsterdam chair practical with endless health benefits but it also looks cool- trust us, people WILL talk to you about it and definitely ask to try it out. You'll likely wind up being the talk of your workplace- just be thankful they won't be playing catch with it like they would if you were sitting on an exercise ball...
...also if you are currently sitting on an exercise ball--1998 called, it wants it’s a bad idea back.
Things To Note.
Your body might be a little confused a need a few days to adapt to the chair. This is totally normal! You are changing the way you sit and you have been sitting the same way for your entire life!
Start slow and work your way up to using the kneeling chair full time. During this adjustment period, it’s completely normal to feel some tenderness in your shins, and your knees may start to feel tired after a few hours in the chair- but don’t worry! Before you know it you won't ever remember how you sat in a traditional chair for all those years.
Note: The weight capacity of this chair is 220lbs
Need Help Assembling Your Chair?
Lost the instruction manual? Want a video assembly guide? No problem!